You will quickly learn what it takes to be the glue to this company by assisting in maintaining the company’s IT systems – including internal and external network availability, reliability, and security, plus interacting with engineering development. Your most important duties are:
- Provisioning: determining the demand for IT resources and configuring and provisioning those resources.
- Maintenance: monitoring of all IT systems, including corporate and SaaS cloud, diagnostic analysis of problems with recommended fixes, and applying periodic maintenance updates.
- Network Availability: ensuring that the company’s goals for internal and external availability levels are met on a consistent basis.
- Network Security: ensuring that threat management services are fully engaged and any vulnerabilities are resolved.
- Development Interaction: finding opportunities with development to efficiently automate the above tasks.
To be part of our team you must:
- Participate in our internal 24/7 on-call service.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have a valid Canadian passport and can travel without restriction to the USA.
- Be able to pass a criminal and financial trust background check.
For Google’s approach to this kind of technical infrastructure read: https://www.amazon.ca/Site-Reliability-Engineering-Production-Systems/dp/149192912X
We are a well-positioned technology company in a very niche space: automated staff scheduling and timekeeping for organizations with complex, 24/7 operations (Public Safety, Government, Private Security and Home/Healthcare).
InTime provides clients with the tools to help their operations run smoother with less overtime and administrative paperwork. Furthermore, as a cloud based solution our customer can access our solution via the internet, reducing their database and internal IT costs.
We count the likes of the Calgary Police, Anaheim Police, ATCO Electric and Fortis BC as excellent customers- and that’s just scratching the surface of our hundreds of customers across the US and Canada.
In addition to a highly competitive compensation package (base salary/commission) including a comprehensive benefits plan and employee share ownership, we offer:
- Complimentary and nutritious lunches at the office
- High quality espresso and hot drink facilities
- Excellent gym w/ sauna and bike storage
- Ergonomic office environment, including stand-up desks
- In office Ping Pong table.
- Subsidized personal phone plans & transit passes
- Positive, fun and non-judgmental atmosphere
Our office is in a great, central location overlooking Robson Street in downtown Vancouver. We are fun-loving and hardworking group who embrace our individual strengths but work together as dedicated team. We are all highly ethical, broad-minded, confident and respectful people above all else.
We maintain an effective, but informal ‘open door’ organizational structure. We do not believe in unnecessary formal meetings and, instead, try to make things happen through fluid team work and open communication.
To apply submit a paragraph on why this sounds like a good fit.